Theoretical neurological diseases

Radium glucegen at excite.com
Sun Mar 16 18:10:10 EST 2003

"KP-PC" <k.p.collins at worldnet.att.net%remove%> wrote in message news:<%NTca.11148$S%3.577427 at bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net>...
> "Radium" <glucegen at excite.com> wrote in message
> news:464c821f.0303151911.51f2f07 at posting.google.com...
> | "KP-PC" <k.p.collins at worldnet.att.net%remove%> wrote in message
>  news:<MG6ca.4673$S%3.285886 at bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net>...
> | > Your questions are huge - requiring massive study with repsect to
> | > their particulars, which do not all reflect physical reality
>  within
> | > nervous systems. But I';; comment with respect to one part of
>  your
> | > query below.
> | >
> | > "Radium" <glucegen at excite.com> wrote in message
> | > news:464c821f.0303131246.16e18257 at posting.google.com...
> | > |
> | > |
> | > |
>  (and
>  of
>  suddenly
>  the
> | > |
>  of
>  my
>  resembling
> | > |
>  lose
>  about
>  [lets
>  also
>  arteioles,
> | >
> | > There's not just one "auditory area", so your symptoms would be a
> | > 'mixture' of what becomes, probably permanently, lost due to
>  oxygen
> | > deprivation lasting more than ~ four hours. Unless there was
> | > something like relatively-rapid deep co[o]ling involved, neural
>  tissue
> | > deprived of oxygen just 'disintegrates' and dies.
> |
> |   What about calcium deprivation?
>
> If you deprive an 'area' of cortex of oxygen for 24 hours, nothing
> else matters because all Life processes in the oxygen-deprived cells
> cease, and the cells disintegrate.
>
> If everything, nothing has any 'normal' function ceases [except
> post-oxygen-deprivation 'cleanup' functions], so, after the oxygen
> deprivation, nothing else can even be discussed - it's not
> functionally operative.

Sorry.

I meant to ask what symptoms would result from calcium deprivation
alone.

That means those neurons recieve adequate amounts of all nutrients
*other than calcium*

They [neurons] recieve good amounts of oxygen as well as other
necessary chemicals.

What would be the symptoms of this *pure* calcium deprivation in the
parts of my brain I described in my first post? [including "hearing
areas" (you said there is more than one), excluding visual cortex (and
other "seeing areas")]