brain antedation (Libet) implications

harkyl kharvey06 at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 17 11:47:36 EST 2003

"KP-PC" <k.p.collins at worldnet.att.net%remove%> wrote in message news:<qL5da.12510$S%3.651625 at bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net>...
> "harkyl" <kharvey06 at hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:a678be79.0303161121.303e5090 at posting.google.com...

> Hi Kyle, the problem is actually dealt with at spinal 'levels'. The
> higher 'level' stuff 'tags along for the ride' in order that
> 'conscousness' remain unified.
>
> There exist no such thing as 'time' within physical reality.

Time is the result of memory and events.

> What's been referred to as 'time' is a mistaken notion of what is
> actually an energy-flow that's rigorously correlated to the one-way
> flow of energy from order to disorder that is what's described by the
> 2nd Law of Thermodynamics.

Not certain how the principle of degredation of energy applies here.
Drop and break a glass, and the entropy of the universe increases.  By
what parameter, other than time, can one separate that value of
entropy from any other?  Also you can synchronize this energy
degredation.

> When we wind a clock, we impart 'potential energy' to the clock's
> spring. As this 'potential energy' transforms into 'kinetic energy',
> motion is imparted to the clock's works. The 'clock' meters the
> energy-flow, not non-existent 'time'.

Ok, but you can synchronize this.

> It's the same throughout physical reality.
>
> So "Kantian time" also has no physically-real existence.

Ok, so we would agree that this time anomaly may falsify Kantian time
as a priori valid (along with your 2nd law premise, and in addition
Relativity).  It would seem then that if my explanation of what is
responsible for time (memory and events), Kantian time as posteriori
may be more valid.  "Time is a made up notion to help us comprehend
the perceptions of reality that come to us through our senses".

> It's useful to speak of 'time', but there's cognitive
> 'sleight-of-hand' in-there when we do so.

This is more interesting than Kantian implications.

> Why such matters is that invocation of non-existent 'time' 'blinds'
> us to physical reality, which  imposes cognitive-overhead [the
> "cognitive 'sleight-of-hand'"] within our thinking.

A cognitive 'fixed idea' so to speak.

thanks,
Kyle