brain antedation (Libet) implications

Mon Mar 17 13:10:19 EST 2003

"memory and events" are, themselves, energydynamics.

Our nervous systems store and retrieve 'memories' of 'events' in the
form of energydynamics, on the sole basis of their correlation to the
one-way flow of energy from order to disorder that is what's
described by 2nd Thermo.

In doing so, our nervous systems enable us to 'climb' the energy
gradient inherent in the one-way flow of energy from order to
disorder that is what's described by 2nd Thermo - thus, we progress
in every way that we do, in fact, progress.

Anything other than that is, itself, the one-way flow of energy from
order to disorder that is what's described by 2nd Thermo.

ken

"harkyl" <kharvey06 at hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:a678be79.0303170847.18c06501 at posting.google.com...
news:<qL5da.12510$S%3.651625 at bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net>...
| > "harkyl" <kharvey06 at hotmail.com> wrote in message
| > news:a678be79.0303161121.303e5090 at posting.google.com...
|
| > Hi Kyle, the problem is actually dealt with at spinal 'levels'.
The
| > higher 'level' stuff 'tags along for the ride' in order that
| > 'conscousness' remain unified.
| >
| > There exist no such thing as 'time' within physical reality.
|
| Time is the result of memory and events.
|
| > What's been referred to as 'time' is a mistaken notion of what is
| > actually an energy-flow that's rigorously correlated to the
one-way
| > flow of energy from order to disorder that is what's described by
the
| > 2nd Law of Thermodynamics.
|
| Not certain how the principle of degredation of energy applies
here.
| Drop and break a glass, and the entropy of the universe increases.
By
| what parameter, other than time, can one separate that value of
| entropy from any other?  Also you can synchronize this energy
| degredation.
|
| > When we wind a clock, we impart 'potential energy' to the clock's
| > spring. As this 'potential energy' transforms into 'kinetic
energy',
| > motion is imparted to the clock's works. The 'clock' meters the
| > energy-flow, not non-existent 'time'.
|
| Ok, but you can synchronize this.
|
| > It's the same throughout physical reality.
| >
| > So "Kantian time" also has no physically-real existence.
|
| Ok, so we would agree that this time anomaly may falsify Kantian
time
| as a priori valid (along with your 2nd law premise, and in addition
| Relativity).  It would seem then that if my explanation of what is
| responsible for time (memory and events), Kantian time as
posteriori