Long term anti depressant treatment: danger?

Wed Mar 19 15:04:53 EST 2003

Hi John,

This stuff, and much more, has been in in AoK, Ap8, all along. As
I've discussed in the past, the final wiring-up of the nerual
Topology derives in activation-dependence. When 'anti-'depression'
drugs are administered, their use instantiates an internal 3-D
energydynamic that does alter the overall 3-D energydynamic that's
embodied in the neural Topology, but this action of the drugs does
not, and cannot, 'sync-up' with the neural-Topological embodiment of
prior experience, and, therefor, cannot do anything other than
exacerbate the propbelms-needing-resolution stuff that had formerly
gained ascendency within "prefrontal constellations" [as is discussed
in AoK, Ap7].

Of course, the drugs can, and do, render nervous systems
'short-circuited', in a way that imbues folks who resort to them a
"Stepford" 'existence', at the cost, to all, of the loss of 'normal'
highest-'level' Cognition within their nervous systems. [It seems to
me, for instance, that, these days, such pharmacological
'short-circuiting' is much relied-upon in the halls of 'american
power'. The loss to all of us is flat-out obvious.]

Alternate tact:

If, however, your post is with respect to my own ongoing
circumstances, in my case, while there is some "rocking in the
cradle" [AoK, Ap8] in-there, such correlates with the fact that I'm
working to lead folks along the curved path to understanding, and saw
that it was 'time' to apply a little 'rudder' - that folks'd
'gotten-it' with respect to the basic stuff that I'd been discussing.

NDT's understanding is not some 'magic wand' - it does not
'magically' eliminate the problems-needing-resolution stuff that's
accumulated within one's nervous system during the course of one's
experience.

What the understanding does is allow one to understand the 'aching'
for what it is - the stuff of 'blindly'-automated 'servo mechanisms'
that were 'engineered' by evolutionary dynamics, thereby consigning
their 'blindly'-automated stuff to the set of
problems-needing-resolution.

With NDT's understanding, the 'aching' becomes a 'pointer' to what
needs to be done, rather than something that "must be eliminated"
because it 'feels bad'.

It 'feels bad' be-cause there's stuff that needs doing remaining to
be done.

The Big-Difference is that the one way imposes 'stagnation', while
the other way fosters the doing of what needs to be done.

Still further alternate tact:

If your post 'expresses concern' for my well-being, thank you, but
such is unnecessary. It's old-long-since that folks who stand-against
the work I do have learned that all they have to do to 'thwart' my
efforts is to Dishonor Truth in my 'presence'.

I will never knowingly 'move away from' Truth. So, since the vast
majority of folks do not, yet, comprehend all that's been going on,
any 'jingoistic' Dishonoring of Truth, calling forth my Choice to
Honor Truth, experience my Honoring of Truth in an "inverted" [AoK,
Ap4] fashion, primarily be-cause of the "mirror-image" sensori-motor
neural topology that's discussed in AoK, Ap5 =and=
'naive'-to-what's-been-going-on folks' prior experience.

My Choice with respect to such is old-long-since, too - I 'run the
endurance race', keeping my eyes set on the overall 'finishing-line',
not the 'applause', or 'booing', of those who 'look-upon' the 'race'.

So, don't 'worry' about 'me'.

The only real problems I have all stem from the fact that I'm still
unable to find employment. I've been applying for Dishwashing
positions, and still I get no calls-back, so it looks like I'll
continue to 'descend', nutrient-wise.

"Oh well."

[To Sir John: If you were considering the work I've done, as I
presume you were, then my 'heart' is all Achingness on your behalf.
For myself, when I saw that the Iraq War plans were, in fact, being
rushed, even in ways that place our Troops, needlessly, into an
augmented Harm's Way, I knew that it was I who would be the first
Casualty of that War. They Erred, however, in acting in ways that
Required me to Honor Truth, and they will See that it's so.]

Cheers John H.,

K. P. Collins

"John H." <johnh at faraway.xxx> wrote in message
news:rKYda.415$mw2.10305 at nnrp1.ozemail.com.au...
| New one on me, comments anyone?
|

| John H.

http://www.alphagalileo.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=readRelease&Releasei
d=12959
| Can Long-term Treatment With Antidepressant Drugs Worsen The Course
Of
| Depression?  For further information, please contact:
| Giovanni Andrea Fava
| Editor Psychotherapy and Psychosomatics
| fava at psibo.unibo.it
| 390512091339
|

| keywords
| Medical, Health, Psychology
|

|    The Journal of Clinical Psychiatry releases a review by Giovanni
A. Fava
| (University of Bologna) which is likely to stir a lot controversy
and be
| disliked by the Big Pharma.
| The possibility that antidepressant drugs, while effectively
treating
| depression, may worsen its course has received inadequate
attention.

| A review of the literature, suggesting potential depressogenic
effects of
| long-term treatment with antidepressant drugs was performed. A
Medline
| search was conducted using the key-words tolerance, sensitization,
| antidepressive agents, and switching. This was supplemented by a
manual
| search of Index Medicus under the heading "antidepressant agents"
and a
| manual search of the literature for articles pointing to
paradoxical effects