a question

Peter F fell_spamtrap_in at ozemail.com.au
Thu Mar 20 01:40:51 EST 2003

"Væ§ølis" <VaeSolis at hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:A46ea.45120$_F2.3839525 at news1.east.cox.net...
> i was wondering if anyone could explain to me what may cause the
> psychological feeling of being enormous and miniscule simultaneously. i
have
> experienced this feeling and have come across it described in literature,
so
> i am curious as to any possible causes of this phenomenon. any insight is
> appreciated.

Perhaps there is an anomalous abscence of inhibition of a just a few neurons
that play a key role in integrating relative size of the body-self.(?)

At least the feeling does not hide - but highlight - the truth that we are
enormous relative to e.g. atoms, bacteria, and mice, but are miniscule in
comparison to elephants earths and galaxies (and perhaps infinitely
insignificant on the scale of universes %-).

An exploratory scan could in the end be worthwhile _if_ the feeling is a
problem and if there is a cause of the feeling large enough in size or
otherwise detectable an NMR scan or by any other means of medical
mind-monitoring.

_If_ it is a bothersome and persistent feeling, I suggest you try to get a
referral to see a neurologist.