a question

John H. johnh at faraway.xxx
Thu Mar 20 05:03:09 EST 2003

Don't know of any research except one last year on meditating monks. It was
found that the part of their brain that maintains a map of the body-self
stops working in these monks, thereby allowing the sense of 'oneness with
the universe'. Hence a portion of our brain indicates our position in space.
In that research it was suggested that this oneness feeling is an illusion
created by altered brain states, but since when is the normal brain state
free of illusion? Could it be that the brain deludes us into thinking we are
separate? Oh that will get the rabid reductionists going ...

John H.

news:A46ea.45120$_F2.3839525 at news1.east.cox.net...