Efferents for raphe nuclei

Dag Stenberg dag.stenberg at nospam.helsinki.fi.invalid
Sun Mar 23 16:10:05 EST 2003

John H. <johnh at faraway.xxx> wrote:
> I'm trying to establish projections to the raphe nuclei, both inhibitory and
> excitatory, and not having much luck. I suspect the pvn, hippocampus,
> anterior cingulate and orbitofrontals.
>
> Can anyone help?

What sources have you used up to now? Did you do a Medline search?
I am not at my job now, so my connection is slow and I am not going to
check the references I list, but you might look at:

Lee HS, Kim MA, Valentino RJ, Waterhouse BD.
Glutamatergic afferent projections to the dorsal raphe nucleus
of the rat. Brain Res. 2003 Feb 14;963(1-2):57-71.

Varga V, Kocsis B, Sharp T.
Electrophysiological evidence for convergence of inputs from the medial
prefrontal cortex and lateral habenula on single neurons in the dorsal
raphe nucleus.
Eur J Neurosci. 2003 Jan;17(2):280-6.

Tao R, Auerbach SB.
Influence of inhibitory and excitatory inputs on serotonin
efflux differs in the dorsal and median raphe nuclei.
Brain Res. 2003 Jan 24;961(1):109-20.

Celada P, Casanovas JM, Paez X, Artigas F.
Control of serotonergic neurons in the dorsal raphe nucleus by
the lateral hypothalamus.
Brain Res. 2002 Apr 5;932(1-2):79-90.

I would be very surprised if these articles do not also list the
previous relevant literature in the matter. I would be very cautious
about any pre-1990 literature. It is bound to be quite inexact.

Dag Stenberg