Good Book Alert

Mon Mar 24 18:31:45 EST 2003

"'Darwin's Blind Spot': Biotech Merger", By MARK RIDLEY

http://www.nytimes.com/2003/03/23/books/review/023RIDLET.html

Quoting from the Bood Review:

"Both symbiotic evolution and nonsymbiotic evolution depend on natural selection. Insofar as natural selection contains a selfish, competitive element, so too does symbiotic evolution. As the superior, symbiotic cell spread through the population over time, it outcompeted the other type of cell. Natural selection is, I agree, politically and morally unattractive. But symbiosis provides no way round it."

[Quote © 2003, by The New York Times.]

I reccommend the stuff of this Book Review to everyone. If I could afford to purchase the book, I would.

What the Reviewer 'misses' is that everything in both symbiosis and evolutionary dynamics occurs in rigorous accord with the one-way flow of energy from order to disorder that is what's described by 2nd Thermo [WDB2T].

Life does one thing: 'climb' the energy-gradient that is WDB2T, and, within such, there's, necessarily, exactly zero so-called 'randomness'.

All of that which is referred to as 'chance' results from the way folks go 'blindly' into the 'night' without understanding the one energydynamic, and all of its ramifications within Human behavioral by-production with respect to TD E/I-minimization, which is, itself, 'engineered' in rigorous accord with the one energydynamic. [Of course, there's a continuum with respect to natural phenomena [earthquakes, storms, volcanic erruptions, weather in general, but, if one looks, one sees, plain as day, the one energydynamic that is WDB2T in all of these seemingly-'chance' dynamics, too.]

NDT's stuff eliminates the 'guesswork' inherent in the 'blindly'-automated TD E/I-minimization that has Ravaged Humanity since the Beginning.

Why not use it to assist Humanity's 'climbing' of the WDB2T energy-gradient?

K. P. Collins

--