Mon Mar 24 18:44:30 EST 2003

"Teaching Western Books in Iran, and in U.S., Too", By JULIE SALAMON

http://www.nytimes.com/2003/03/24/books/24NAFI.html

I recommend this insightful Article to everyone's reading-list.

In it, NDT's stuff is, plain-as-day easy to see.

"For Ms. Nafisi, the inability of these characters to change their point of view explains why the United States is so hated by Muslim countries. "Reading that book I realized why in those countries they target culture so much," she said. "It is O.K. with them to have economic relations with the U.S. It is O.K. to have political relations. Where is it not O.K.? In terms of women and in terms of their culture. They're worried that you will come in and change their perspective. That women will look at women in this other part of the world and wonder, `Why can't I be like that?`"

"She continued: `The book is very bloody. The characters are so frightened, so destabilized. For me it explains Osama bin Laden. He is not a poor man. What is in danger is his whole way of being. It is in danger because it is being questioned not just by the West but by people in his own country who look at the West. That's why for him this is a life-and-death struggle. Where else can he go? He either has to change or he has to try and kill you.`"

'Blindly'-automated TD E/I-minimization 'blindly' and automatically dictating "them vs. us" stuff that Ravages Humanity.

NDT's understanding eliminates the 'blindness' - that we my see with our own eyes, and Choose in accord with that which we do see with our wn eyes.

"[...] `If you're born in a place with mountains,` she said, `you can never get used to the plains.` [...]"

Such "fond remembrance of old, long-familiar stuff is explained in AoK, as is the fact that such is no 'prison house' with respect to Human behavioral Choices, nor with respect to Joy.

[Quotes, above, © 2003, by The New York Times.]

"Still it moves."

K.P. Collins