Sundowning: severe dementia and bringing on the night (weird case)

Sun Mar 30 05:51:11 EST 2003

"Larry Brash" <lbrash at ozemail.com.au> wrote in message
news:3E86B47A.76F8943E at ozemail.com.au...
| "John H." wrote:
| >
| > 30/03/03 6:13pm
| >
| > An unusual case of sundown syndrome subsequent to a traumatic
head injury.
| >   Duckett S Brain Inj 1992 Mar-Apr 6:189-91
| >
| > BROWSE: Brain Inj
| > Abstract
| > An unusual case of sundown syndrome is here reported, in which a
bilingual
| > patient would involuntarily change languages at sunset.
|
| Fascinating...
|
| More mundanely, I recall a dementing patient of German origin
losing his
| ability to speak English one week prior to admission. It never
returned,
| of course.

Forgive me, please, this's probably an instance of 'inappropriate'
'therapy' that reflects the stuff I've been discussing - prologned TD
E/I(up) that's been augmented, rather than ameliorated, by
'commitment' within a regime that's absent the necessary
understanding with respect to how nervous systems process
information.

Forgive me, please. I wish =not= to offend, I mean just the opposite
stuff. Understanding is useful.

Cheers, Larry, ken