Sundowning: severe dementia and bringing on the night (weird case)

John H. johnh at
Mon Mar 31 06:25:39 EST 2003

Reminds me of an old case I read in a layman's classic called "Brain Repair"
(layman because non-technical but bloody good read).

A chap fluent in French and German suffered a stroke and lost the ability to
speak German, his natural language. However, he could still speak French.
The only reasons the docs could establish was that at the time the man was
in a deep love affair with a French woman!

John H.
news:3E86B47A.76F8943E at