Sundowning: severe dementia and bringing on the night (weird case)

Mon Mar 31 17:05:32 EST 2003

"John H." <johnh at faraway.xxx> wrote in message
news:ABVha.206$E81.9435 at nnrp1.ozemail.com.au...
| Reminds me of an old case I read in a layman's classic called
"Brain Repair"
| (layman because non-technical but bloody good read).
|
| A chap fluent in French and German suffered a stroke and lost the
ability to
| speak German, his natural language. However, he could still speak
French.
| The only reasons the docs could establish was that at the time the
man was
| in a deep love affair with a French woman!
|
| John H.

This's clearly an observable demonstration of the way TD
E/I-minimization-governed "supersystem configuration" [AoK, Ap5] with
respect to pre-frontally- ['volitionally'-]governed "dynamic
subordinate coupling" [AoK, Ap7 and Ap5, respectively] acts within
and upon nervous system plasticity.

This case you cite should be 'the' model for =all= Medical approaches
to treatment of organic damage. The crucial thing is that
'intervention' with respect to such must 'hit the ground running',
minimizing delay with respect to the Professionals' 'steering' of
such configurable plasticity. This points to the need for one
preparatory thing - that understanding of how nervous systems process
information be promulgated within the correlated Medical
specializations. This's the =only= way that those who take on the
Responsibility of Helping 'psychiatric' patients can, in fact, 'hit
the ground running'.

Better yet would be the promulgation of understanding with respect to
nervous system functionality within general populations. To the
degree to which such is accomplished, this'd not only allow folks in
general to 'hit the ground running' with respect to
'volitionally'-configurable plasticity within their own nervous
systems, but, as the understanding comes to be generally held, it
will also lift Humanity up out of the Sorrow-filled dynamics through
which 'blindly'-automated prejudice has Ravaged Humanity since the
Beginning.

[All of this stuff has also been in AoK all along.]

Thanks for posting this Brilliantly-informative 'ref', John.

Cheers, John, ken