Sensation - How does one have the conscious experience of it?

Fri May 2 06:04:27 EST 2003

My usual 'loose' verbal-symbolism from two msgs back gets some
CLARIFICATION, below.

news:JHrsa.62799$cO3.4190669 at bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net...
| news:gYmsa.134631$ja4.6037608 at bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net...
| | [...]
|
| [...]
| | We =don't= 'see' "in" the brain. The brain 'just'
| | 'grasps' the ambient external energy-flow - the
| | 'image' actually exists =only= externally. All that
| | happens internally is our 'response' to the external
| | 3-D energydynamics as such is 'merged' with formerly
| | conctructed "biological mass" ["biological mass" is
| | =literally= captured energy].
| | [...]

'Vision' occurs in the brain [of course], but all that's in the brain
is what the neural architecture does in response to external
visual-spectrum EM radiation.

The =image= is literally external to us.

'Vision' is 'just' the neural Topological 'grasping' of the
=external= energydynamics and their rigorous mapping into the
"special topological homeomorphism of our central nervous systems".

We 'see' the external image the way the bacterium 'sees' the external
nutrient concentration gradient - only in an exquisitely-more-refined
way.

Work it back and forth - crude to refined, then with partial
deficits, until you get it.

It's the same with respect to =all= 'conscious' experience regardless
of sensory\motor modality.

We are to the Universe as the bacterium is to its nutrient
concentration gradient.

Only extremely-very-much-more of the same-stuff :-]

It's all 'just' TD E/I-minimization through which our nervous systems
'grasp' WDB2T, and 'climb' it - just as the bacterium 'climbs' its
nutrient concentration gradient - for the same reason - because WDB2T
is the one physical reality that is rigorously-consistent within both
the bacterium's experience and ours. [WDB2T's ups and downs always ha
ve the same 'meaning' throughout physical reality.]

Just as the bacterium's analogue of TD E/I-minimization integrates
it's 'sensation' and 'behavior', TD E/I-minimization within the
"special topological homeomorphism of [our] central nervous systems"
integrates all of our sensation and behavioral by-products,
cognition, affect, creativity, curiosity and volition.

Get it?

K. P. Collins