Opioids and cancer

Fri May 2 06:22:14 EST 2003

I stand on what I posted.

It's a prediction.

It can be tested.

Let it be Tested.

It will be Sustained.

It's in the 3-D energydynamics.

And, with respect to your continued 'negativity' with respect to
'me', I've never said that "I comprehend all current literature".

I said that I looked the other day, and didn't find anything, except
neurochemical details, that was not in NDT 20 years ago.

It's True.

K. P. Collins

"mat" <mats_trash at hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:43525ce3.0305020202.5cf6e93 at posting.google.com...
| This perfectly demonstrates a fundamental misunderstanding you
have,
| and undermines any claim you have to comprehending all current
| literature and re-working it through your theory.  In this paper
they
| are in no way saying that the receptors in tumuours are
| pain-relieving.  Opioids are analgesics because opioid receptors
are
| found on pain-fibers.  There is nothing fundamentally
pain-relieving

news:<a2Vra.58889$cO3.4007391 at bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net>...
| > Hi Peter, thanks for posting this.
| >
| > Prediction:
| >
| > In the future, it will be found that the opiates find their ways
| > the malignant tissue be-cause of the relatively 'random'
| > energydynamics that 'reside' in the malignant tissue.
| >
| > This's 'just' more 3-D energydynamics, in accord with Life's
'goal'
| > of 'climbing' the WDB2T energy-gradient toward WDB2T ^ -1.
| >
| > The opiates' 'recognize' the WDB2T-'discord' inherent in the
| > malignant tissue, and 'go there' to 'give comfort', if not to
heal.

| > It's always been obvious to me. BTW, that cancer treatment
strategies
| > should be engineered with respect to 'discerning' this same
| > relative-disorder. I've discussed this general stuff in
long-former
| > posts here in b.n and in other online 'places'.
| >
| > K. P. Collins
| >
| > --
| > "Schmitd! Schmitd! Ve vill build a Shapel!"
| > "Peter F" <fell_spamtrap_in at ozemail.com.au> wrote in message
| > news:H_Pra.435$tH5.9416 at nnrp1.ozemail.com.au...
| > |       1: J Natl Cancer Inst 1987 Nov;79(5):1059-65 Related
| >  Articles, Links
| > |
| > |
| > | Opioid receptors and endogenous opioids in diverse human and
animal
| >  cancers.
| > |
| > | Zagon IS, McLaughlin PJ, Goodman SR, Rhodes RE.
| > |
| > | Department of Anatomy, Milton S. Hershey Medical Center,
| >  Pennsylvania State
| > | University, Hershey 17033.
| > |
| > | Receptor binding studies demonstrated specific high-affinity,
| >  saturable
| > | binding of a number of opioid ligands to a wide variety of
neural
| >  and
| > | nonneural human and animal tumors. Radioimmunoassays revealed
the
| >  presence
| > | of beta-endorphin and methionine-enkephalin in these tumors.
Both
| > | methionine- and leucine-enkephalin were detected in tumor
tissue by
| > | immunocytochemistry, with immunoreactivity related to the
cortical
| >  cytoplasm
| > | of tumor cells, but not to cell nuclei. Endogenous opioids and
| >  receptors
| > | were found in benign and malignant tumors representative of
| >  ectodermal,
| > | mesodermal, and endodermal origin. Receptors and endogenous
opioid
| >  peptides
| > | were present in tumors from many different species, including
those
| > | transplanted into nude mice. These results suggest that opioid
| >  receptors and
| > | endogenous opioids are fundamental features of human and animal
| >  cancers.
| > |
| > | PMID: 2824913 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
| > |
| > |