Opioids and cancer

Fri May 2 07:08:02 EST 2003

"James Michael Howard" <jmhoward at arkansas.net> wrote in message
news:67j4bvg524dfv026a8291iod9ikd8vrtjs at 4ax.com...

| It could simply mean that what we call opioids in vitro are part of
the cell
| growth mechanism.  So, one would expect to find these on cancer
cells.

Turn-about is fair-play, but that'd put them in all cells., which
would've been fundamental knowledge by now, akin to, say, ion
channels :-]

Would make for an 'interesting' buzz, though, but wouldn't be all
that wonderful, because endoginous opiates can shut down killer-cell
function [which might be a synergy that cancer cells take advantage
of(?) with respect to my hypothesized endogenous-opiate reaction to
the relative disorder asserted by cancer cells - if so, perhaps this
'tool' of cancer can be taken away from it(?)].

K. P. Collins