Opioids and cancer

Fri May 2 08:11:46 EST 2003

"James Michael Howard" <jmhoward at arkansas.net> wrote in message
news:cup4bv4kp3th060okqoj5ag89ck1n30nsg at 4ax.com...
| Well, I should have been more specific.  I suggest
| these receptors are probably more closely associated
| with cells that are more "embryonic," that is, less
| differentiated.  Cancer cells are more like this, so
| receptors of this type may be expressed in them.
[...]

It wasn't only receptors, and it was cancer-specific:

Quoting from the abstract:

"Radioimmunoassays revealed the presence of beta-endorphin and
methionine-enkephalin in these tumors. [...] These results suggest
that opioid receptors and
endogenous opioids are fundamental features of human and animal
cancers."

The opiates are in-there.

K. P. Collins