Opioids and cancer

Fri May 2 13:57:19 EST 2003

Sorry, it fits better with my analysis than it does with the concept
of 'endogenous opioids as growth factors'.

1. Because of the getting-carved-into-'stone-ness in "embryonic
skeletal tissue" there's a genuine need for a 'quieting' of
whatever's in-there in the way of 'pain' detection. "the
undifferentiated dividing cells" is, itself, a relatively-disordered
condition which reflects the gist of the position I've taken.
Relative to the rest of a biological system, localized growth is,
itself an 'irritant' - an energenitically-imbalanced condition -
which is exactly what I was referring to with respect to cancer's
wild growth, only, in the latter, moreso.

2. With respect to "situations requiring rapid growth, such as
remodeling or fracture repair" in adult(? it's not clear from the
abstract), as the abstract hints at, but doesn't seem to make the
connection, otherwise [absent some 'quieting' mechanism], "OUCH!".

3. "proenkephalin-derived peptides" are precursor proteins, not [yet]
bonified 'opiates'.

4. "control of tissue regeneration and in the control of pain" are
'opposing' processes, so, although it's not impossible, it's unlikely
that such processes would be handled by a single macro-molecule
because too much 'intelligence' would, then be built-into the
macro-molecule, which would cause big problems in overall-systematic
control [it's require 'extra layers at the 'level' of the organism -
to interface with what would be an overly-'intelligent'
macro-molecule, and that'd be 'just' entirely Waste, so it's
unlikely - evolutionary dynamics =key= upon zeroing-in on efficiency
with respect to WDB2T.

Conclusion: The stuff of my Prediction has only become stronger in
the light of the abstract you've posted. [Just because this or that
gets Published, and that or this is 'refused' Publication doesn't
make what's Published True and that which is not Published False. It
does, however, 'comment' upon 'the system' :-]

[BTW, in what I've discussed with respect to this thread's focus. I'm
=just= 'skimming-the-surface' of the 'world' of molecular 3-D
energydynamics as they interface with overall 3-D energydynamics. The
discussion 'goes on forever', right into 'atomic' Physics [Tapered
Harmony's realm].]

K. P. Collins

"James Michael Howard" <jmhoward at arkansas.net> wrote in message
news:ops4bvob9255qp65lr9qqj2uh9glt8e5gc at 4ax.com...
| Again, opiates may be part of normal cell function in more
primitive cells.
| This was hard to find, but here is an example:
|
| "The potential of embryonic skeletal tissue to synthesize
proenkephalin-derived
| peptides is retained in the adult in small defined undifferentiated
cell
| populations. This potential is realized in certain situations
requiring rapid
| growth, such as remodeling or fracture repair. We suggest that in
these
| processes, similarly to the situation in the embryo, the
undifferentiated

<k.p.collins at worldnet.att.net%remove%>