Fri May 2 20:23:46 EST 2003

"Most of Soft Money Ban Is Ruled Unconstitutional", By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/national/AP-Campaign-Finance.html

Quoting from the New York Times article:

"`It breaks faith with the fundamental principle -- understood by our nation's Founding Generation, inscribed in the First Amendment and repeatedly reaffirmed by the United States Supreme Court -- that `debate on public issues should be uninhibited, robust and wide-open,' the Republican-appointed Henderson, who found virtually all major aspects of the law unconstitutional, wrote in a separate document explaining her approach to the ruling."

This's a 'hilarious' 'court decision' - Most of the Founder's were just getting by, and almost none of them actively sought office.  Instead, they were called to office by folks who's come to respect them, and they served Honorably, often with great personal sacrifice.

And this 'court' puts elections on the auction block? - in the name of The Founders?

It's 'hilarious.

"The decision is at least a partial victory for the Republican National Committee and dozens of interest groups, who argued that the law would undermine their ability to participate in politics."

What about the vast majority of the Citizenry's abilities to participate in 'politics'?

You know - "One person one vote"?

K. P. Collins