what the brain does?

Tue May 6 23:38:47 EST 2003

Basically, peridic-activations derive in "ramp-architecture" as it's
discussed in AoK [Ap3, 5 & 6].

In walking, for instance, with each step effector [joint receptor,
tendon organ, etc.] activations build to maximums at the 'end' of the
stride. This constitutes a dynamic "ramp-architecture" that, when
interfaced within the bilateral structural "ramp-architecture via the
cerebellum, is "inverted", which 'automatically' precipitates the
integrated and coorcinated 'periodicities'.

If electordes are inserted within any nuclei along the way, they will
detect activation within those nuclei that looks like it constitutes
'central pattern generator stuff, but all it actually is is a
topological 'bifurcation point' that's redirecting a 'picture' of the
periodic activation as necessary within the multijectiveness of "the
special topological homeomorphism".

I saw a segment on "60 Minutes" the other night that drove all of
this home. There were twin Infant Girls, joined at the waist -
sharing one set of legs, each of their individual brains controlled
one leg - yet the twins were learning to cooperate in walking.

In this circumstance, the 'impossibility' of a 'central pattern
generator' is obvious, as is an 'atypica;' version of "dynamic ramp
architecture" - it's the 'extension' stuff, above, that is the
primary cue for these twins whose separate brains are learning to
each control its one leg in cooperation with the Sister's brain's
driving of the other leg.

"Ramp-architecture" is very versatile in these matters, but I've
never seen its functionality discussed outside of NDT.

It's easier to stick an electrode in-there and say, "There it is!",
than it is to do the work inherent in understanding the integrated
functionality of the global Neuroanatomy, eh? :-]

[Again, it's stuff like this that had me wanting to discuss NDT's
stuff in a small group, somewhere, rather than having to do it
'Publicly', like this - to spare folks the 'embarassment' of having
to say, "Hey, you folks missed all of this,", 'publicly'. It's more
'unzipped-fly' stuff, and being basically a decent guy, I've wanted
to do it in-private. There's a g'zillion things like this in NDT.]

K. P. COllins

news:eTIta.140541$ja4.6509930 at bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net...
| "Yannick Chateau" <yannick.chateau at univ-brest.fr> wrote in message
| news:b97ifr$853$1 at melon.univ-brest.fr...
| | Sorry, I see another point, for example do we talk about the CPG
| (Central
| | Pattern Generator), wich serve for the automatic actions (means
| walk,
| | writing ....) but are engaged by the brain?
|
| The concept of 'central patter generators' is inadequate - there
are
| 'patterns' but their functionality is widely-distributed within the
| nervous system.
|
| This wide distribution is necessary because everything that
| participates in a periodic function [a 'pattern'] like walking must
| be tunable with respect to the infinite variation that can confront
| nervous systems - just walking on a woodland path, for instance
| continually confronts the feet with relatively-novel proprioceptive
| challenges.
|
| Our nervous systems 'typically' resolve such problems in
practically
| real-'time'.
|
| This wouldn't be the case if there was a 'central pattern
generator'.

| What there is is distributed functionality that exquisitely
| communicates what it's doing to everything else that's involved in
| the widely-distributed periodic functionality, but which takes care
| of its local challenges via relatively-local circuitry.
|
| Next, consider the demands on an athlete's body during a heated
| Football contest, for instance vision, audition, somatosensation.
| proprioception, high-level cognition and consciousness are all
| tightly integrated within the mix, everything entering into the
| tuning of the periodicity.
|
| An athlete's practice literally builds the neural circuitry that
| enables her\his spectacular athleticism, but this spectacular
| athleticism is dynamically governed via widely-distributed
| functionality all tightly integrated and coordinated overall.
|
| The periodcity of 'patterned motion is as a 'symphony' that's
| literally 'orchestrated' via widely-distributed nervous system
| functionality.
|
| There are no central 'little black boxes'. Everything is
distributed.

Ghxta.69014$cO3.4578679 at bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net...