smith predictor and the cerebellum

siu99rnj siu99rnj at
Wed May 7 15:18:28 EST 2003

I have just read a paper that suggest the cerebellum is two linked smith
preicitors.(  One for
modelling motor movment. The other for modelling the delays that occur (eg
delay of neuron firing, axon transmission etc). The paper was printed in the
early 90s. I would like to know the thoughts of people here on this theory.
Do you think the cerebellum is a smith predictor? If not why not?

A good explanation of the smith predictor is

If people could let me know their thoughts I would be most grateful.