smith predictor and the cerebellum

BilZ0r BilZ0r at TAKETHISOUThotmail.com
Thu May 8 00:03:34 EST 2003

> The cerebellum does this with respect to the whole nervous system,
> not just motor stuff. That this has not been generally recognized
> results from the way that it's relatively easy to see the impacts of
> cerebellar deficits within motor functionality,

Um, Id disagree with you there Ken, most people think that the cerebellum
is involved in a lot more than motor these days. I mean, what is the
animal with the largest cerebellum per brain size? The Carpet shark.
Anything special about it? Its got the most sensitive and acurate
electronic detection system out of any shark.

A lot of people believe that the cerbellum is just a side processor,
waiting to do any exsisive calculation the brain needs. In humans
standing errect requires a lot of programming, and hence motor functions
on the whole are "calculated" in the cerbellum.

As someone whos into there antomy, you'd have to agree that the serial
units in the cerebellar cortex look like it would suit as a general side
processor, wouldn't you?