Some Behavioral 'Relativity'

Fri May 9 19:43:55 EST 2003

Good gosh! How I'd like to visit Cape Cod one more 'time'!

I used to get in this or that car I had at the 'time', with only gas
money in my pockets. Drive down there and just Live. For me, crossing
the cannal bridge is something like crossing-over into a different
'time' and 'space' - almost like 'magic' [but it's not - it's just
that, well, there's this 'cannal' that has to be crossed-back-over
before anything actually matters again :-]

When I'd get there, I'd go around looking for any work that I could
find - odd jobs - anything, just to get through the day. You used to
be able to sleep in your car [but that changed long ago]. One 'time'
I got a job at a motel in Hyannis. They were installing new carpets,
and my job was to haul out the cut-up scraps. I filled my car with
them - made a nice sleeping surface :-]

Afterward, I brought the scraps home [they were Perfectly-good -
almost brand-new, selected from areas that'd received little foot
traffic], and my Brother, who was just getting started with his Young
Family, very-creatively used them to carpet his living room :-] [They
were a deep-shag, so he tacked them down, and it all looked seamless,
except that there were a couple of colors involved, which he knit
together in a very creative way, extending the pattern right up a
wall :-]

Man-O-man! Life was so =good= back then.

Another 'time', I decided to be a balloon salesman. Got everything
together, including my Massachusetts Peddler's License, and set up
shop on route 28 - only to find that the balloons I'd purchased
["guaranteed quality"] were of insufficient-quality. I ended up just
giving them away to any Child that wanted one, with instructions to
"come back, if you want, when it pops"].

I was penniless, so I couldn't recover from my one and only 'Business
Venture' :-]

Mostly, though, I worked construction during Summer months on The
Cape - work hard all day - party-hardy into the night - dancin'
barefoot to John Morgan's excellent rowdy music at this place or
that.

I'd Love to make it to Cape Cod just one more 'time' - there's this
'cannal' that has to be crossed-back-over before anything actually
matters again :-]

ken [K. P. Collins]

news:ioDua.146204$ja4.6796435 at bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net...