FSK, Vision, and the Brain

Sat May 10 19:28:17 EST 2003

Hi again, Richard.

"r norman" <rsnorman_ at _comcast.net> wrote in message
news:630rbvk4fs08tf5sjc7u4egu2benirgnc3 at 4ax.com...
| On Sat, 10 May 2003 22:05:17 GMT, "KP-PC"
| <k.p.collins at worldnet.att.net%remove%> wrote:
|
| >"r norman" <rsnorman_ at _comcast.net> wrote in message
| >news:cqqpbvgsktmgosm9sad08spq7l868a7929 at 4ax.com...
| >| On 9 May 2003 20:05:58 -0700, peer-error at excite.com (External
| >Network
| >| Error) wrote:
| >|
| >| [...]
| >|a system using Cobol and binary coded decimal
| >| numbers should work as effectively as anything
| >| else, provided the design is proper.
| >| [...]
| >
| >HURRAH!
| >
| >It's True!
| >
| >Cheers, Richard, ken [K. P. Collins]
| >
| >[p. s. I could not post to sci.electronics.]
|
| Thanks, Ken, for the kind words.

They were Deserved. Your comment was Cogent.

| OK, so Cobol might be theoretically possible.
| I would guess, though, that a small embedded
| system would be programmed in assembler to
| control some specialized digital signal processor
| -- or maybe C or C++ depending on what CPU is
| available.

The specific implementation 'doesn't matter' [yet] because the main
problem is just doing it in =any= way in which it can be done.

Most of my own work in this regard remains only on-paper, but I can
Demonstrate how and why it works.

After that, implementation can be achieved in myriad ways, but they
all remain the same-stuff [this's the main focus of AoK, Ap1, BTW
[proplems having infinite-scope which confront nervous systems, which
nevertheless, resolve them in practically 'real time', and the system
architecture constraints inherent if a system is to be able to do
such].

All the implementations are just 'translations' - various
'language-interface' stuff with respect to the one system
architecture that works.

Of course, optimizing a technological approach by incorporating
state-of-the-art hardward and software practice 'squeezes'-in
increased capacity to usefully 'push-energy'.

But Proof-of-Concept can be achieved in any way that does, in fact,
Prove the Concept - it can even be done mechanically :-]

Cheers, Richard, ken [K. P. Collins]