FSK, Vision, and the Brain

Rich Grise richardgrise at yahoo.com
Mon May 12 15:45:39 EST 2003

"Mark Zarella" <seesigfile at foremail.address> wrote in message news:<I5yva.54721$O06.52154 at twister.nyroc.rr.com>...
> > This signal's format is then altered so that it can
> > communicate effectively with the visual cortex
>
> There's the obstacle...

I heard once that someone somewhere somehow got a neuron to adhere to
a silicon chip, and that the next stage would be for them to communicate
with each other.

I had a dream in which I had invented a neural interface which would
input actual nerve signals, and use these signals to control a
prosthetic limb. Of course, the sensory inputs are a whole nother
round of design/discovery work. :-)

Cheers!
Rich