FSK, Vision, and the Brain

Jean-Michel Friedt friedtj at imec.be
Mon May 12 16:09:11 EST 2003

> I heard once that someone somewhere somehow got a neuron to adhere to
> a silicon chip, and that the next stage would be for them to communicate
> with each other.

There were a lot of presentation at the 49th meeting of the
Americal Vacuum Society about oriented neural growth and
interfacing with electrodes. I can be done, but it's neither
trivial nor reliable (having the neuron grow along an electrode
does not mean it will make an electrical connexion).

A short summary of the presentation I attended is available
at http://mmyotte.free.fr/chua/avs_summary.pdf, which provides
some names/web pages/litterature references on the topic.

Jean-Michel