Nerve interface was Re: FSK, Vision, and the Brain

Mike Tyner mtyner at mindspring.com
Wed May 14 19:57:46 EST 2003

The cranial nerves are special, more like the brain and spinal cord in that they
don't regenerate as well as peripheral nerves, nothing like a millimeter a day.

What you'd "hook on to" at the optic nerve might be nothing but dead axons.

If you hope to use a bunch of little digitized signals you may want to deliver
them at the cortex, where the visual field is mapped out for us in homunculus,
and the tissue is exquisitely sensitive to tiny voltages.

Phantom pains occur in the cortex, regardless of Kirlian aura.

-MT

news:3df9fd6c.0305141147.79d991ad at posting.google.com...
news:<7q60cv8nmpgth7v2g4rqkbn4o33os3de8v at 4ax.com>...