God on the brain

Geoffrey Goodwin fig123 at tiscali.co.uk
Thu May 15 04:09:32 EST 2003

I've just read your message. I have gelastic epilepsy caused by hamartoma on
the hypothalamus and the resultant fit travels thru' the temporal lobes and
creates a quasi-religious experience. The fit changes value systems but not
the intellect. I might be playing chess with you and things become over
competitive - a fit will occur and I would feel a stronge inclination (but
not compulsion) to break a negative cycle by smiling and exchanging a brief
embrace (no sexual element)
I'm filled with a sense of the wonder of life and there's a strong sense of
underlying "moral goodness" attached.
The fit produces an internally consistent set of values and I'm not sure a
brain "disorder" is the best description.
One interesting point is that the fit is frequently triggered by a
vibrationary sound thats a little like the Hindu "OM"
If you, or anybody, would like to correspond my e-mail address is
fig123 at tiscali.co.uk
Regards : Geoff. Goodwin.
news:3ea254fd at dnews.tpgi.com.au...