Electronic Brain Stimulation - I have some questions about the safety of it

madhatter mad_hatter at blueyonder.co.uk
Fri May 16 02:02:52 EST 2003

I came across this and thought it might be interesting to build it, so I
did.

http://users.lycaeum.org/~martins/EBS/

I soaked the electrodes in salt & h20 solution, and used an elastic band to
put them either side of my eye (you know the little bits I mean, temples I
think they're called).
Turned the device on the lowest frequency, switched it on and felt
reeeeeeeally weird. I'm not sure it was pain I felt, because I turned it off
straight away. It might just have been surprise. I wasn't expecting it to
work.

If you've read that page, you'll know that it uses a 9v. Do you think this
is safe? I'm really concerned, and somewhat scared of trying this again,
though I'm also really curious.

Any sort of help would really be appreciated!
Thanks in advance!

Kind Regards,
Imanuel Votteler
otb Computers
http://otbcomputers.technovault.co.uk
Tel: 01454 778609
- - Disclaimer - -
This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential. If you are
not the intended recipient, any reading, printing, storage, disclosure,
copying or any other action taken in respect of this e-mail is prohibited
and may be unlawful. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify
the sender immediately by using the reply function and then permanently
delete what you have received.

PLEASE INCLUDE THE ORIGINAL E-MAIL WITH ALL REPLIES