Antidepressants in childhood: danger???

mat mats_trash at hotmail.com
Fri May 16 10:46:44 EST 2003

> If there was a 'biological clock' then folks who lived in Arctic and
> Antarctic climes would be totally 'out-to-lunch', wouldn't they? :-]
> But, instead, they are robustly-adapted to the demands of these sever
> climates, =be-cause= they are not encumbered by what would be the
> anti-survival dictates of non-existent 'biological clocks'. Forgive
> me, please. It's =hard= to experience my Science's 'being' so
> thoughtlessly wayward.  kpc

This again exemplifies your misunderstanding and undermines any
credibility you have.  Biological clocks is a metaphor that has been
used to illustrate a much more complex topic.  No one claims that
there are internal clocks which 'tick' regardless of the environment;
indeed the main thrust of circaidian research is understanding how
timing mechanisms within the body interact with the environment.  The
pituitary gland and hypothalamus do secrete in a rhythmic fashion (it
is a well known problem in medicine than measuring random cortisol
levels is unreliable as there is diurnal variation), but this does
change if enviornment changes.  Melanin secretion from the pineal
gland is thought to be a factor in jet-lag which is a manifest example
of internal rhythms.

In what you have said you show that you completely misunderstand a
fairly simple level of science.  'Your' science indeed! LOL