Ephedrine Neurotoxicity

BilZ0r BilZ0r at TAKETHISOUThotmail.com
Sun May 25 23:25:18 EST 2003

anon <anon at no.com> wrote in news:BAF6F73D.5FB%anon at no.com:

> Does this neurotoxicity occur at doses used to treat ADHD?

Possibly (Probably in my opinion though). Neurotoxicity can be seen at
2mg/kg in babbons, so thats the equivalant of a 70mg dose in a human
male.

The average does (I believe, Im not a pharmacist) for ADHD is around 30mg
of methamphetamine. So I don't know whether a 30mg dose can creat
neurotoxicity. They didn't try giving the babbons anything lower than
2mg/kg but im guessing they would have found much smaller doses to be
neurotoxic.

Whether this neurotoxicity has any behaviour consequence is another
story. The babbon study showed a ~40% reduction in dopamine transport
protein after the 2mg/kg dose, but what is it, you have to have a 75%
reduction in dopaminergic cell bodys before the symptomes of parkinson
are visable...