Visual imagination without visual experiences...?

KP_PC k.p.collins at worldnet.att.net
Sun Oct 5 20:39:56 EST 2003

Hi,

Study the Life experiences of Helen Keller.

Ms. Keller was both blind and deaf.

She had a =Great= Teacher who fought through
the problem you've raised. [I'm Sorry, I don't recall
this Teacher's name - can anybody provide it? [I'm
presently running late for this night's employment.]]

The solution converged upon entailed 'mapping'
non-visual stimulation with respect to external reality.

For example, 3-D touch sensation of an object
was cross-correlated with motor interaction be-
tween Ms. Keller and her Teacher.

Variations include stuff like holding, and the Student's
touching, a feather that's held in front of a Teacher's
mouth as the Teacher pronounces words - or the
Student's gently touching the throat of the Teacher
as the Teacher vocalizes - or holding an object
in the Student's hand, and truning it in all directions
in 3-D space until its entire 3-D structure is sensed
via touch, with the Teacher constantly working to
provide cross-correlation via motor interaction [This
motor interaction is necessary in order to guide
convergence upon Recognitions. For those who
have it, these things are discussed in AoK, Ap5 & 6.]

Typically, the first break-through to a viable Recognition
is quite hard to accomplish, but, once it happens, suc-
ceeding recognitions come as a flood [which is nicely
demonstrated in the Life of Helen Keller].

Come to think of it, it's not so different from Sighted
Learning - only the additional sensory-motor 're-map-
ings' are additionally-necessary.

Good luck - and be relentlessly-Persistent.

ken collins

news:blpv7g$1dj$1 at atlantis.news.tpi.pl...