Could a male fertility pill adversely affect inhibition via allopregnanolone levels?

Matthew Kirkcaldie Matthew.Kirkcaldie at deletethis.newcastle.edu.au
Tue Oct 7 21:43:30 EST 2003

Oh - and one other comment - considering that the GABA-A receptor
saturates very easily under normal transmission, we tend to assume that
allopregnanolone is in use all the time as a kind of "gain control" for
tonic inhibition.  So interfering with its synthesis would have much
more drastic effects than generating anxiety, if enough synthesis was
disrupted.  It can produce seizure as I mentioned in my other post.

         Matthew.