Soy Neurotoxicity?

Survivor Survivor at Ground.Zero
Wed Oct 8 10:16:29 EST 2003

On Wed, 8 Oct 2003 07:56:18 GMT, Tim Tyler <tim at tt1lock.org>  wrote:

>> So tofu from soybeans is bad, but Phosphatidylserine from soybeans
>> might be good? Seems premature to start avoiding all soy products.
>
>The more suspect elements in the Soy bean are usually thought to be the
>phytoestrogens: Daidzein, Genistein, Glycitein, Formononetin, etc.
>
>Purified extracts of soy phospholipid cocktails should not contain those.

Many thanks for the clarification.

Does this mean you might continue to have concern about food-grade soy
protein powders, soy lecithin, etc.? What about soybean oil? The
consumer really has no way to evaluate the care with which such
products are produced.

(Note that breast cancer patients are also advised to avoid soy
products, presumably to avoid plant estrogens which might stimulate
growth of hormone-responsive cancer cells.)

I suppose it might be helpful to talk to a "food technologist" who
knows in detail how commercial food products are processed.

Survivor @ Ground.Zero