Visual imagination without visual experiences...?

KP_PC k.p.collins at worldnet.att.net
Fri Oct 10 00:46:11 EST 2003

Hi John,

The stuff you discuss can be done with
respect to =any= Observable energydynamic -
even when the energydynamics is not physio-
logically-detectable [that is, even when it
requires technological assistance].

All it is is TD E/I-minimization governing
"supersystem configuration" dynamics as they're
discussed in AoK, Ap5.

Internally, TD E/I-minimization can 'map'
anything to anything - which is Why it's so
Important to Honor Truth - Honoring Truth keeps
the anything-to-anything capabilities of nervous
systems aligned with Reality.

"John H." <johnh at faraway.com.au> wrote in message
news:3f852c19 at dnews.tpgi.com.au...
| I heard of this many years ago, echolocation in
| humans, it appears that some to develop the
| ability and the article below concerns the efforts
| of certain scientists to make such an ability
| more readily available. The results looks
| promising, once again demonstrating the
| remarkable ability of the sensory corticies to
| make sense out of something out there even if
| it aint quite the usual something that evolution
| had reliably anticipated for the very greater
| part.

This is the Observable =generalized= processor
nature of our nervous systems, which enables
generalized-adaptability, which optimizes
Survival.

| Taken together with the forced constraint
| movement therapy, it raises annoying
| questions about what brains are doing.
|
| The below article is not related directly to your
|  question but it does demonstrates that the blind
| can form a type of sketchpad of their environment,
| a probable location for the same being the lateral
| geniculate nucleus, a relay station on the way to
| the occiptal cortex which also receives efferents
| from the same. People who are cortically blind
| may still have intact lgns, though I suspect any
| representations created in this region lie below
| consciousness except for the greater part (hmmm,
| maybe that where ectopic images come from??).

Be-cause TD E.I-minimization is Necessary, it can
only occur as a function of the =whole= remaining
neural Topology.

| However, I remember reading about one of
| Nicholas Humphrey's chips, surgically blinded
| but over time developed an awareness of her
| environment but only at crude visual level,
| nonetheless the significant thing here was the
| gradual improvement over many years. There
| are also studies indicating that in optic nerve
| damage spontaneous regeneration can occur,
| though the possibility of useful connectivity
| remains a question, the general plasticity and
| adaptability of the brain (as our modern tech-
| nology so clear attests), suggests we should
| not be too surprised by what we may learn
| tomorrow.

I've got a =lot= of stuff remaining to be shared :-]

Cheers, John,

ken