The Black-Body Power Spectrum [was: Re: 'gravity' [___]]

KP_PC k.p.collins at worldnet.att.net
Sat Oct 11 02:59:46 EST 2003

| | winter of 2001-2002 [and which I'll
| | re-post in that NG today, along with
| | this app].
|
| | What's happening in the BB power
| | spectrum is 'just' the Compton
| | Refraction stuff =in combination= with
| | the NL-P as I've discussed it in b.n in
| | recent weeks.
|
| | I wrote this app several years ago, and,
| | today, have 'hacked' and tweaked it.
| | Three steps remain. The first shows the
| | NL-P 'compression' inherent in the BB
| | power spectrum - the 'left-shifting' of the
| | Continuous spectrum's max-power
| | toward the high-frequency 'end' of the
| | spectrum.
|
| | This 'left-shifting' is very-important
| | from the perspective of the Classical
| | [Rayleigh-Jeans] view on the BB
| | power spectrum. In the 'left-shifted'
| | 'compression', one is able to literally
| | See the 'infinity' that is pointed to by
| | the R-J approach to the BB power
| | spectrum. That is, the 'left-shifting'
| | occurs as a nonlinear function of
| | TempK, so, if the black body didn't
| | melt-down before TempK was raised
| | beyond a limit that occurs as a function
| | of the material out of which a black
| | body is construct-ed, this 'left-shifting'
| | would proceed to 'infinity'. More on
| | this below.
|
| | The BB power spectrum drops-off at
| | high frequencies BE-CAUSE the
| | Compton Refraction dynamics that
| | are inherent [in the SSW<->UES
| | harmonics of which the black body is
| | comprised] are forced, by TempK
| | increments, to experience the NL-P
| | in their Compton Refraction dynamics.
| | That is, as frequency increases, the
| | Compton Refraction dynamics
| | experience a rapidly-augmenting
| | nonlinear variance, and this 'spreads'
| | the high-frequency power back into
| | lower-frequency 'ranges' [nonlinearly].
| | This's is literally Observable in the
| | high-frequency 'compression'
| | discussed above, and is a Standard
| | feature of =all= [forced] vibrating 'sys-
| | tems'  having nonlinear restoring forces -
| | which is exactly what the SSW<->UES
| | harmonics are [as I've reiteratively-
| | discussed over the course of the past
| | decade in b.n, and before that, in
| | other online 'places'].
|
| | In addition to the primary NL-P, the
| | agumenting of TempK forces
| | convergence upon sub-harmonics
| | which instantiate 2nd-order NL-P's,
| | and which further spread the high-
| | frequency of the black body power
| | spectrum into lower-frequency
| | 'ranges'. These sub-harmonics'
| | NL-P energydynamics are NL-P's
| | within the primary NL-P, and are
| | the physical wellsprings of the line
| | spectra of the elements. Their
| | nonlinear 'spreading| into lower-
| | frequency 'ranges| can literally be
| | Observed in the so-called "spectral
| | series" through which elemental-
| | analysis is carried-out.

These sub-harmonics arise, Determin-
istically, out of the SSW<->UES
harmonics' NL-P 'compression'-'ex-
pansion' energydynamics be-cause,
as TempK increases, the primary
NL-P and the local WDB2T NL-P both
become proportionately [to the TempK
increase] more-nonlinear.

The result is that, in the high-frequency
'portion' of the BB spectrum, where the
ratio of the 'spherical' 'contained' energy
volume to its 'spherical' surface-area, with
accelerating-rapidity [accelerating energy-
gradient pno 'time']], tends toward 'infinity',
the energy 'piles-up' be-cause there's an
internal ephemerance differential - the
inner 'shell' in this "nucleation" phase of
the SSW<->UES harmonics is more-en-
ergy-dense than is the next-outter 'shell'
[there aren't any actual "shells". I'm just
using "`shell`" to idealize the Maths - so
folks can follow and know what region of
the harmonics I'm talking about] and a
condition in which it becomes easier for
energy to move outwardly, rather than
continuing to nonlinearly-'pile-up', inwardly,
is instantiated.

The energy that is "emitted" as the spectral
lines results from these NL-P energy-'pile-
ups', and has frequency that Derives, De-
terministically, in the 'spherical' Vol/S-A
ratio [in TH "VAR" - "volume Area Ratio"].

Most of this is calculated in the various
QBasic apps I've posted over the years.

It's most-easily observed in the simplest
versions of the 'spherical'-Geometry apps,
which actually show the energy-density
increase as it derives in the NL-P vari-
ation of the spherical Geometry.

I've not yet explicitly shown in any of these
apps is the NL-P ephemerance variation
that's discussed above, cross-correlating
it to the spectral lines, but I can say, with
Certainty, that it occurs as above.

[I'll see if I have an app that I can 'hack' and
post so folks can see what's discussed above
more easily.]

The spectral lines occur as energy-'density'
wave dynamics. he frequency-shifting that
happens in both the black body power spec-
trum and line spectra are easily seen to
Derive, Deterministically, in the NL-P 'com-
pression'<->'expansion' dynamics inherent
in the SSW<->UES harmonics.

The line spectra for different elements oc-
cur 'uniquely'-per-element be-cause there is
a different quantity of energy 'trapped within'
each of their SSWs. This energy-'trapping'-
quantity-'parcelization' is also a purely
wave<->wave energydynamic, and occurs
as above, except that the NL-P 'piling-up'
is between the SSW and the UES.

Tonight, I'm 'excited' because I can, for the
first 'time', See how to Calculate this, Exactly,
for =all= of the isotopes, from the simple
spherical Geometry. The Calculation is
Exactly as I've described it above.

I'll make it doing it in a QBasic app
another Winter-'time' project so it'll be
easier for folks to See.

"My cup runeth over" - NL-P-ly :-]

So much Beauty, with which to 'dance',
that I've got to write in-between-the-lines
on my 'dance-card'.

Anyway, what's here will Stand for all 'time',
even as WDB2T continues to unfold - the
Calcs all 'just' go-with that energy-flow,
adjusting themselves in Rigorous accord
with WDB2T.

NL-P-ly.

kpc [K. P. Collins]