Can a haircut cause brain damage?

Wolf Kirchmeir wwolfkir at sympatico.can
Sat Oct 18 20:39:52 EST 2003

On Sat, 18 Oct 2003 10:45:25 -0700, Virginia wrote:

>Unfortunately, many people have had strokes due to a "haircut". The chairs
>that are used for washing your hair have the nice cozy neck brace. This nice
>cozy neck brace has been shown to be the wrong shape. It puts pressure on
>all the wrong places and cuts off circulation.
>I'm sure a quick search will turn up results on the net.
>
>--
>
>Virginia

And violent manipulation of the head, as described by the original poster,
can also cause minor and not so minor traumas to the cervical vertebrae,
which could cause the kinds of symptoms he reported. He should have posted to
a neurology NG, he would have received a more sympathetic hearing IMO.

Anyhow, I wouldn't go back to that hair stylist.

--
Wolf Kirchmeir, Blind River ON Canada
"Nature does not deal in rewards or punishments, but only in consequences."