Computational models of attention?

KP_PC k.p.collins at worldnet.att.net
Fri Oct 24 14:12:06 EST 2003

"Dominik Roettsches" <d-r at roettsches.de> wrote in message
news:Xns941EC4AAD8C6Fdrroettschesde at 130.133.1.4...
| Hi there,
|
| for I don't know which newsgroup would be more appropriate I'd like
to ask
| you if someone has some links, information on
|
| computational models of attention.
|
| How can attention be understood on a neuronal basis, which
mechanisms,
| brain areas do interact to concentrate ressources on important
tasks.
| And how can this be done computationally.
|
| I'm interested in this field from a neurobiologist's and a computer
| scientist's point of view.
|
| If anyone knows about such models in the area of auditory
attention, this
| would be even more useful.
|
| Thanks for any replies,
|
| Dominik

I'm giving up my internet account later this afternoon,
so I won't be able to do it, but perhaps you can get
someone else to send you a copy of "On the Auto-
mation of Knowing within Central Nervous Systems
[AoK]. It provides the generalized solution you seek,
including hierarchical prioritization within the overall
dynamics [how the nervous system asigns precedence
to the various information-processing tasks with which
it is confronted].

AoK is an old hypertext doc that runs under Windows[tm].

ken