Food for Thought

Peter F. effective_spamblock at ozemail.com.au
Sun Oct 26 01:09:55 EST 2003

"KP_PC" <k.p.collins at worldnet.att.net> wrote in message news:tQwmb.14461

Sorry, be-cause of a malicious attack,
I've had to instruct my ISP to block all
email :-[ So, if you want to contact me,
please do it in the bionet.neuroscience.
newsgroup by posting a message.

Hi Ken,

What you call "malicious attack" is (from where I sat writing this) most probably a viruse or worm. Getting stung by these evil animals are just some of the risks we take when connecting to the Internet.

My utterly Internet-innocent wife became a longterm target/victim of putrid people that have specialized in spreading such nasty things, whereas I - know for my NG-posting promiscuity - have NOT (at least not yet).

You ought to use some of the different forms of protection available. E.g., "Mailwasher" is a free email-reading-and-if necessary-deleting-before-downloading, such software.

However, another much more serious risk is the possibility to get intercEPTed and internetted by EIMC Internetional Ptd. Lty. ;-)

Yours sometimes decEPTively joking,

Peter F