Food for Thought

KP_PC k.p.collins at worldnet.att.net
Thu Oct 30 10:02:29 EST 2003

"Des Small" <des.small at bristol.ac.uk> wrote in message
news:yyrjvfq9xujh.fsf at pc156.maths.bris.ac.uk...
| "KP_PC" <k.p.collins at worldnet.att.net> writes:
|
| > [...]
|
| Lots of people have had this - a machine
| holding usenet email addresses (presumably
| for spamming purposes) seems to have been
| hit by a worm, with hilarious consequences.
| I was getting >100 a day at the peak of the
| worm.
| [...]

Yeah, it can happen in a g'zillion different ways,
which is why folks do it.

In my own circumstances, though, it's definitely
not an 'inadvertant' thing. I've been watching it
unfold for more than a decade. My inet machine
is under continual attack - all Malicious - all heart-
breaking, because I'm just working to lift folks
up out of the ignorance that's ravaged Humanity
since the Beginning.

Some of the 'hackers' that have attacked my
inet machine are =very= 'sophistocated', but
all of the attacks have one thing in-common:
my machine gets hacked by folks who can't
think for themselves, so they steal my thinking.

Which is Hilarious.

I give it away, anyway.

It's what's so Savage about the 'hacks'.

The folks who do it are 'seeking-advantage' in
a way that constitutes an attack upon those who
Suffer.

I can think of little that's more-disgusting than
this sort of thing is.

The biggest thing about it, with respect to me,
is that it's Hard to continue working when I see
all of this happening.

It 'dirties' my work-space - like being raped, and
having to, nevertheless, return to the scene of the
rape to continue working, thereby, re-experiencing
the rape, interminably.

Sometimes, as is the case currently, I can only sit
at my machine and watch the hacks doing their
stuff.

To me, what it amounts to is a Condemnation of
what 'america' has become - a Nation in which
such intrusion is not only Officially-Sanctioned, but
Officially-Sponsored.

It's alarming.

I see 'america' running head-long into an abyss.

Led there by Jackasses.

K. P. Collins