Plagerism

KP_PC k.p.collins at worldnet.att.net
Thu Oct 30 10:40:23 EST 2003

"U.S. Naval Academy Demotes Professor Over Copied Work
By JACQUES STEINBERG

Published: October 29, 2003"

http://www.nytimes.com/2003/10/29/national/29BOOK.html

Perhaps I'm Guilty of an analogous thing.

Every 'time' I've used ~"exquisitely precise",
including in AoK with respect to the mapping
of the "epicritic system", I've actually been
using the words of another Author - I believe,
Carpenter & Sutin [=Human Neuroanatomy=].

"Exquisite" is an exquisite word for which I know
of no adequate replacements.

Every 'time' I use the word, "exquisite", it's a
bit of an homage to the Author.

I should've set this straight long ago, though. I've
been aware of it all along. I thought, because I
Ref-ed Carpenter & Sutin in AoK, waxed on-and-
on about how I Love their Book [probably augment-
ing their royalties in the process], all was hunky-
dory.

But this little article in the =New York Times= [whose
circulation I've also single-handedly increased :-],
caused me to reconsider my assumption.

Any who wish to cast-me-out because of this
should feel Free to do so.

I can't be cast-out any further than I already have
been, anyway.

K. P. Collins

--
Sorry, be-cause of a malicious attack,
I've had to instruct my ISP to block all