Report of Ecstasy Drug's Great Risks Is Retracted

Jamie Gaffney plan9fromouterspace at
Mon Sep 8 04:41:39 EST 2003

Charlie Wilkes <charlie_wilkes at> wrote in message news:<sl2olvkgu27tgju2771ce235ko03fbbtts at>...
> On Sat, 06 Sep 2003 12:45:07 GMT, Jasbird
> <> wrote:
> >
> >In an interview yesterday, Dr. Ricaurte said he realized his mistake
> >when he could not reproduce his own results by giving the drug to
> >monkeys orally. He then realized that two vials his laboratory bought
> >the same day must have been mislabeled: one contained Ecstasy, the
> >other d-methamphetamine.
> >
> This makes me want to send money to PETA.
> Charlie

It's the Drug War Chemical Discrimination Game:

* We found that 'A' is bad for you.
* Don't do 'B'.

Swiftly followed by the Drug War Exception to the law of Conservation Of Matter:

* We caught you with 1g of cocaine and 1kg of sugar.
* Therefore you have 1001g of cocaine.

See how easy it is?