Report of Ecstasy Drug's Great Risks Is Retracted

Peter H. Proctor drp at drproctor.com
Mon Sep 8 08:30:37 EST 2003

On Mon, 08 Sep 2003 08:12:08 GMT, Jasbird
<Jasbird#dead-mail-box#@myrealbox.com> wrote:

>How do you make that kind of mistake?  These are controlled substances
>and are, presumably, kept in locked cabinets or safes.

      And counted so every vial is accounted for.   Remember,  ecstasy
is schedule 1 and methamphetamine is schedule 2.

>The only way such a mistake could have occurred is by a) sabotage, b)
>fraud or c) an irresponsible disregard for the truth. I don't see how
>honest mistakes come into - only dishonest ones.

      I don't recall anything similar even for nonscheduled drugs,
much less for a a schedule 1 "narcotic".      To give them the benefit
of the doubt- there are so many controls on these drugs that everybody
concerned likely just assumed that nothing like this was possible.

Dr P