Report of Ecstasy Drug's Great Risks Is Retracted

Jasbird Jasbird#dead-mail-box# at myrealbox.com
Mon Sep 8 08:46:23 EST 2003

On Mon, 8 Sep 2003 05:47:03 -0400, "rfgdxm/Robert F. Golaszewski"
<rfgdxm at vivisectSPAMMERSmochamail.com> wrote:

>Jasbird wrote:
>> On Sun, 7 Sep 2003 16:04:18 -0400, "rfgdxm/Robert F. Golaszewski"
>> <rfgdxm at vivisectSPAMMERSmochamail.com> wrote:
>
>>>   If so, then why would the authors publicly admit they screwed up
>>> and gave the monkeys meth instead of MDMA? It looks like an honest
>>> mistake.
>>
>> How do you make that kind of mistake?  These are controlled substances
>> and are, presumably, kept in locked cabinets or safes.
>>
>> The only way such a mistake could have occurred is by a) sabotage, b)
>> fraud or c) an irresponsible disregard for the truth. I don't see how
>> honest mistakes come into - only dishonest ones.
>
>   Both would have been locked in the same safe. Someone grabbed the
>wrong container.

Don't joke.

If there are two containers in the safe - you look at the labels
before grabbing them.  Methylenedioxy-methamphetamine (Ecstasy) and
methamphetamine are two completely different names which people with
masters and doctorates ought to be able to distinguish between.

:  "We're not chemists. We get hundreds of chemicals here. It's not
:  customary to check them."

This implies that the two compounds were in mis-labelled bottles. Or,
at least, that's his excuse.