Report of Ecstasy Drug's Great Risks Is Retracted--crossposted

Jasbird Jasbird#dead-mail-box# at myrealbox.com
Mon Sep 8 11:38:36 EST 2003

On Mon, 08 Sep 2003 15:48:22 GMT, "Lance Sherman"
<lancesherman at insightBB.com> wrote:

>Speaking for myself, at least, I would be grateful if this message were not
>crossposted to bionet.neuroscience.
>
>I think it would be appropriate and polite to post it in that ng separately,
>and if there is little or no reponse, to discontinue posting of similar
>subjects.

I only post a small fraction of these drug news items to
news:bionet.neuroscience and there were responses from the newsgroup.

I would have thought that everyone in news:bionet.neuroscience would
be interested when a major journal publishes a story that gets a huge
amount of publicity - and then, one year later, the author retracts it
- saying that the bottles of controlled drugs he tested must have had
the labels switched by a gremlin.

Of all the articles I've sent to news:bionet.neuroscience this is the
one, more than any other, that everyone would be most interested in
seeing.

There are so many interesting aspects to discuss here:
* were the labels actually switched?,
* who switched the labels - how and why?,
* how many lies would you be prepared to make to get infinite amounts
of funds from NIDA? [not that I'm suggesting anyone actually went that
far]

I can see this topic providing many animated bar-room conversations
for neuroscientists, but I apologise for boring you.