Report of Ecstasy Drug's Great Risks Is Retracted

Jasbird Jasbird#dead-mail-box# at myrealbox.com
Mon Sep 8 13:09:31 EST 2003

On Mon, 8 Sep 2003 12:42:51 -0400, "rfgdxm/Robert F. Golaszewski"
<rfgdxm at vivisectSPAMMERSmochamail.com> wrote:

>Peter H. Proctor wrote:
>> On Mon, 08 Sep 2003 08:12:08 GMT, Jasbird
>> <Jasbird#dead-mail-box#@myrealbox.com> wrote:
>>
>>> How do you make that kind of mistake?  These are controlled
>>> substances and are, presumably, kept in locked cabinets or safes.
>>
>>       And counted so every vial is accounted for.   Remember,  ecstasy
>> is schedule 1 and methamphetamine is schedule 2.
>>
>>> The only way such a mistake could have occurred is by a) sabotage, b)
>>> fraud or c) an irresponsible disregard for the truth. I don't see how
>>> honest mistakes come into - only dishonest ones.
>>
>>       I don't recall anything similar even for nonscheduled drugs,
>> much less for a a schedule 1 "narcotic".      To give them the benefit
>> of the doubt- there are so many controls on these drugs that everybody
>> concerned likely just assumed that nothing like this was possible.
>
>   Consider the following possibility. A shipment of 200 mg of MDMA, and
>200 mg of methamphetamine, comes in the same say. They are mislabeled
>and stored.

How could they have been mislabeled?  The bottles containing the drugs
already had labels on them when they left the manufacturer. It would
be an offence to supply them otherwise - would it not?

>The monkeys are dosed with the methamphetamine instead of
>the MDMA. Even if someone does a daily inventory of the safe, it appears
>the correct amounts of both drugs are there.

The only mystery is how one mislabels a controlled substance - unless
one does so deliberately.  There are major safeguards at the
manufacturing site to prevent mislabelling - there would have to be,
otherwise they'd not be given a contract to make these drugs.