The Nonlinearity of Perspective - Re-establishment of Classical Determinism

KP_PC k.p.collins at worldnet.att.net
Sat Sep 13 13:07:26 EST 2003

Sorry about the screwed-up formatting.

I'll re-do it in this post.

news:kjI8b.140462$3o3.10026891 at bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net...

> [...]
|     pole  repeatedly  and,  during  this
|     "experimentation",  the nonlinear
|     components  of visual  perspective began
|     to become apparent to  me. As  I continued
|     on my  way, the  phenomenon showed itself
|     with every passing telephone pole and tree,
|     yet I was not completely won over by it. I was
|     well aware of  how "linear perspective"  is
|     used  in artistic  and architectural renderings
|     and "knew", after  all, that this was  "how
|     things were". I decided that the things that
|     I had experienced  were significant  in
|     regard  to  visual  avoidance, but that they
|     would  have  to  be  integrated  with  respect
|     to "the larger linear-perspective phenomenon".
|     Almost    immediately thereafter, I came
|     upon a dump  truck that was  delivering a
|     load of gravel to a construction site and I
|     stopped to  watch this operation. As the
|     bed  of the truck rose, the  motion of
|     its contents occurred nonlinearly  with
|     respect to the  angle that was formed by
|     the truck's chassis and its dump bed.
|     The gravel moved  only a  little until  the
|     bed  of the truck was raised  to  a  sizable
|     angle,  and  then the friction of the gravel
|     on the truck bed was overcome and the
|     load slid  forth during a relatively-short
|     period of time. This reminded me of
|     my earlier experience with  the telephone
|     pole and  fixed, in my  mind,  the
|     interesting  time-course  and angle-
|     variation qualities that the two
|     experiences shared. I recall saying to
|     myself that, "If one more thing happens,
|     I'm really going  to believe". The third event
|     occurred about a mile further along in my
|     walk.  I turned off  into a children's
|     playground that had  a  hexagonal  "merry-
|     go-round".  I  set  it  spinning as rapidly as
|     I could  and then  perched myself  atop a
|     nearby slide   to   observe   the   merry-
|    go-round's   motion.   The nonlinear-
|    perspective phenomenon showed  itself
|     even in  this relatively-complex  situation.
|    The  vertices  of the hexagon rapidly drew
|     near and then receded as the apparatus
|     spun. The ends  of  the  planks  which
|     formed these vertices seemed to undergo
|     a  change  in  conformation  as  the  merry-
|     go-round whirled. (Others have since
|     observed the same phenomenon with
|     me.) I became  convinced of the
|     generality of the  nonlinear components
|     of visual perspective right then and there
|     and saw the notion  of "linear  perspective"
|     as  incomplete in  cases that involve motion
|     in 3-dimensional space. (A further note:
|     I expect that the dynamics of nonlinear
|    "perspective" will be shown  to  have
|     some  GENERAL  significance  in the
|     physical sciences.)
|
| I'd been studying Physics since a Child,
| but on that day back in 1983, as a result
| of this extraordinary walk, I saw, almost
| completely, what would, afterward, become
| Tapered Harmony.
|
| It's the "GENERAL significance" referred
| to in the closing sentence of this "aside",
| which is a footnote in the paper version of
| AoK and a hyperlink in the electronic version.

[Which, if anyone 'wonders', is the fourth example
to which I referred below. The sentence was a
place-holder for what I knew would be future
discussions of the NL-P. kpc]

| What I saw that day is that the nonlinearity
| of perspective ["NL-P"] as it's discussed in
| AoK, Ap6 =must= extend right into 'atomic'
| energydynamics.
|
| So, since that day, I've been rewriting all of
| Physics in rigorous accord with the "NL-P".
|
| The first phase of this is finally accomplished.
| I've reworked all of the experiments upon
| which 'quantum mechanics' was founded,
| and am able to demonstrate how, when the
| NL-P is incorporated, all of them reduce to
| Deterministic energydynamics within cont-
| inuous wave dynamics in which all 'things'
| that have been considered to constitute
| 'discrete particles' are reduced to thres-
| holding within continuous wave dynamics.
|
| I've discussed all that's necessary in former
| posts, and have posted a few Verifying
| QBasic apps [the Compton Refraction
| analysis of last Winter, with its coincidence
| with the NL-P, the coincidence of the hydro-
| gen spectrum with the NL-P, etc. [more of
| these apps will be posted as my personal
| circumstances permit]].
|
| I've been searching for a way to make
| Tapered Harmony's synthesis fundament-
| ally clear to those who are 'unfamiliar' with
| it and, this morning, I found it.
|
| It is that, as a result of 'atomic'-'level'
| nonlinearity of perspective [NL-P],
| Poynting Vectors' area factors must also
| vary in accord with the NL-P.
|
| Recall that, in Tapered Harmony [TH], what
| have been considered to constitute 'atoms'
| are viewed as quantities of energy that are
| 'trapped' in spherical harmonic 'compression'-
| 'expansion' interaction with an extreme-fluid
| energy surround because, as a sphere under-
| goes compression, its volume/surface-area
| ratio varies nonlinearly - as the compression
| becomes extreme, this ratio heads rapidly
| off toward infinity.
|
| What I saw back in 1983 was that, if an
| 'atom' is a quantity of energy 'trapped' in
| spherical ['compression'-expansion harmonics],
| then the density of the 'trapped' energy would
| also increase nonlineary, heading toward
| infinity, during the extreme-'compression'
| phase of the spherical harmonics, and that
| this probably coincides with what have been
| considered to constitute the 'discrete
| particles' comprising 'the nucleus'.
|
| I've Verified that treating the 'atom' this way
| yields results that are virtually identical with
| the results produced by the traditional
| [1900-present] view of 'quantum mechanics',
| but does so in a completely-Deterministic
| way.

[Einstein was Correct: "God doesn't play at
dice. kpc]

| In the TH approach, there's no so-called
| "uncertainty", be-cause all there is is
| thresholding within continuous wave dynamics.
| That is, there [exist] no 'particles' whose
| 'positions' and 'momenta' have to be 'worried'
| about. Yet, all experimental observations are
| rigorously accounted for within the continuous
| wave dynamics.
|
| As I said above, this morning I realized that
| what's been referred to as the "Poynting Vector"
| sits within the 'quantum' approach as a
| 'chink in its armour', and that by 'prying-open'
| that 'chink', the essential difference between
| TH and 'qm' can be exposed.
|
| Because of the NL-P, the areas inherent in the
| Poynting Vectors are not 'static' but are, them-
| selves, varying in a way that's rigorously
| correlated to the NL-P - which means that their
| calculations have been artificial.
|
| Stuff like "uncertainty" that's invoked by 'qm'
| derives not in physical reality, but in this
| artificiality that's induced by the False
| picture of there 'being discrete particles',
| when the only stuff that exists is
| wave<->wave energydynamics.
|
| What have been considered to constitute
| 'discrete particles' are 'just' energy-thresh-
olding dynamics that occur at the various
| degrees| of 'compression' and 'expansion'
| of the spherical harmonics that have been
| considered to constitute 'atoms'.
|
| This sort of thing is readily apparent in the
| four examples of the nonlinearity of per-
| spective that I experienced on my walk in
| 1983, with the dump-truck example being
| the easiest to cross-correlate with 'atomic'
| energydynamics - the potential energy of the
| soil in the dump truck's bed is increased
| until a threshold is crossed, and then the
| soil slides out of the dump bed. This's
| Exactly analogous to the augmentation of
| central potential energy that occurs period-
| ically during each 'compression' phase of
| the spherical harmonics that are what have
| been considered to constitute discrete
| 'atoms' - when the central potential energy
| crosses a threshold at which, because of
| the NL-P, no further energy, having the freq-
| uency of the incident ratiation can fit in
| the 'instantaneously'-occurring volume, the
| incident energy is 'rejected' as if the central
| volume constitutes a physically-real 'particle' -
| but it's =not= a 'particle' - it's 'just' energy
| 'compressed' up to [or beyond] the correlated
| energy-flow threshold - and the incident
| energy 'just' goes where it's more free to go.
|
| All of the experimental results upon which
| 'quantum mechanics' was founded reduce to
| the simple NL-P energydynamics that have
| been discussed in this post.
|
| What's here opens up new vistas of stuff that
| folks can accomplish in applications of Physics.
|
| It's Funny - when I look back on that morning
| walk of 1983, it's as if God reached down
| and 'tapped me on the shoulder' - it was just
| that much of a 'b[ol]t right out of the blue' :-]
|
| I was, then, living with my Parents - my Mom
| was in the last two years of her struggle against
| the cancer that took her - and I'd just attended
| morning Mass because, penniless, it was some-
| thing that I could still do. Afterward, I went home
| by a circuituous route, and the NL-P observa-
| tions just happened.
|
| And I rewrote all of Science.
|
| k. p. collins
|
| --
| "Schmitd! Schmitd! Ve vill build a Shapel!"

P. S. This post is not only a Sharing.

It is also a Test with respect to Openness
in Science. kpc