DNA-Tuning [was Re: The Nonlinearity of Perspective [___]

NMF neil.fournier at sympatico.ca
Sun Sep 21 13:54:21 EST 2003

Excellent.  Thanks for your response.  Once again I'm sorry for
misinterpreting aspects of your previous posts.  I completely agree that
the actual EM wave pattern is the most critical component in evoking dynamic
changes within interacting neuronal ensembles.  Over the last few years one
aspect of my research has been investigating the potential effects of
extremely low frequency (ELF) electromagnetic fields on living systems.  One
of our critical hypothesis is that the information content of the wave
structure becomes critical once the necessary minimal thresholds have been
met.  However, we believe that intensity per se, is not the critical
parameter but it is the time-varying and informational components embedded
within the wave form itself that can mediate the most salient effects.  For
analogy, say you and I are sitting in a  room and listening to a pure 1000
Hz tone.  Unless the intensity is considerably high (to produce pain) the
information content is basically useless and uninformative.  However, if the
structure of the sonic field was modified to exhibit a complex pattern that
was equivalent to biorelevant information such as "Help me", field strengths
several orders weaker, e.g. 30 dB(intensity of a whisper), could be
sufficient to evoke a response.  This has been the premise that many of my
colleagues as well as myself have took in order to investigate the effects
of ELF fields.  Thus "intensity-dependent" relationships in regards to
biomagnetic interaction are probably both artifactual and epiphenomenal.
This would explain the disparity of results investigating the effects of
exposure to power (60 Hz) frequency magnetic fields and certain types of
cancers.  Often the subtle, transient temporal anomalies that may be
superimposed upon or within the primary frequency bandwidth (i.e.
subharmonics) are unfortunately ignored.  It is these transients
perturbations within the wave signature itself that produces the
informational content that is relevant to biophysical systems.   We have
used waveforms that model the biorelevant informational content of neuronal
systems, i.e. theta burst stimulation, burst firing, etc.  in order to evoke
effects that proliferate within various domains of brain space.

Your concepts that the actual topological organization within Coulomb-force
interactions is the important component for mediating signals is in direct
lines with this. I am looking forward to confirmed experimental data that
reinforce the types of effects and interactions you are proposing (which i
have adovacated do take place... however, dogmas exists and must be
challenged through the scientific method).  Perhaps one day there will be
enough evidence.  If, it is possible that experience can mediate significant
changes within the DNA itself (that is both permanent and long-lasting in
nature) there will obviously be huge implications.  We always consider the
hereditary aspects of transmission, i.e. the genetic information transfer,
however, sometimes we forget that within this myriad of vast interaction of
nucleic signals is the contents and information that mediate the
representation of our sense of self (which is not necessarily a static
representation but one that is dynamic.  Thus, who we does become influenced
by genetic features).  Obviously one converse aspect of your theory based on
DNA-RNA amplification is that the signals may have the effect to alter the
topological aspects of DNA units itself (perhaps through protein-DNA
interactions).  If this does happen (which may be possible and until
somebody measures it  the classical dogmas will still remain) then besides
the obvious genetic aspects that get passed on, other aspects of
informational contents imbedded within such material would also get passed.
If the interactions you have proposed can take place, experience itself may
have the capacity to interact and perhaps change the constituents of DNA
itself.  As a result, even subtle processes like "memory" may get passed on
through hereditary modes of transmission.  (Obviously this is completely
theoretical but a similar aspect of this hereditary transmission of "memory"
exists.  Consider the immune system and immunal memory that has shown
transference between embryo and host).

NMF