IGF-1R immunostaining

NMF nm_fournier at ns.sympatico.ca
Sat Apr 3 20:32:55 EST 2004

Dear Colleagues,

I am interested in knowing if anyone here has experience immunostaining for
IGF-1R (insulin growth factor 1 receptors).  I have recently done some pilot
work and have got some rather strange staining.   It almost seems like we
are staining, in some instances, chains of oligodendroglia and perhaps even
capillary beds.  At least to me there doesn't seem to be any direct neuronal
staining.  However, from some of the work that I have seen our staining does
not seem to be in accordance with the previous staining that has been
presented elsewhere.

If so, what dilution concentration have you used.  I have done a series of
different concentrations 1:100, 1:500, 1:1000, 1:2000, and 1:5000.  (In my
opinion, 1:500 seems to provide the best staining).  Moreover, if you have
experience with this procedure can you inform where you purchased your
antibody.  Lastly, if you have any pictures of your tissue could you please
forward me a .jpg .bmp etc.

Thanks,

Neil