Decision about my career: Research or Writing?

straydog straydog at invalid.email.com
Tue Apr 13 14:13:48 EST 2004

You didn't go into much detail about why you may want to go in one or
more different directions. Much of what you wrote below reflects doubt
that comes from learning, experience, and growth. There are no easy
answers. However, the PhD route has a high attrition rate (some
voluntary, lots involuntary) and you can go to my website for further
information:

http://scijobs.freeshell.org

There is also an essay on alternatives to science careers; you may find
something there that might help you.

Art Sowers