Ken's Work

ken kpaulc at [remove]earthlink.net
Wed Apr 21 11:12:09 EST 2004

"John H." <johnh at faraway.> wrote in message
news:40867c8c at dnews.tpgi.com.au...

> "Eray Ozkural exa" <erayo at bilkent.edu.tr> wrote in message
> news:fa69ae35.0404200632.27a33fe8 at posting.google.com...
> > Hi Ken,
> >
> > I think you remember that you sent
> > your book AoK to me as well, and I
> > have read most of it, save for the last
> > appendix or so.
> >
> > Comments below...
> >
> > "ken" <kpaulc@[remove]earthlink.net> wrote in message
> news:<tz6hc.1703$eZ5.1419 at newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net>...
> > > "John H." <johnh at faraway.> wrote in message
> > > news:4084e995 at dnews.tpgi.com.au...

> > Secondly, you do not seem to acknow-
> > ledge the recent neuroscience research.
> > Some of the recent papers might actually
> > support your "computational" thesis, for
> > instance about the role amygdala and
> > hippocampus...
>
> Some months ago on bionet.neuroscience
> I pointed out to Ken a recent review on the
> hippocampus that I felt gave strong support
> to his ideas(ie, hippo as a "super configura-
> tion" system). Hormones and the Hippo-
> campus was the title I think but can't find
> it right now. I trust Ken took note of it be-
> cause the review contains a wealth of val-
> uable information and references in support
> of his position. Anyway, checked pubmed:
> here it is and it can be downloaded for free
> at the journal site:
>
> J Endocrinol. 2001 May;169(2):205-31.
> Related Articles, Links

I've saved your post special, and will try
to figure out what I can do with respect
to it.

I've not tried to contact other Reseachers
for 'years' - mainly because I 'lost hope',
with respect to such, after having done
so much of that, to no avail.

Basically, since then, my 'strategy' has
just been to 'prod' others, in the hope
that, through them, 'ndt's understanding
would, eventually, come forward.

Basically, I didn't reply in b.n because
I'd Proven NDT's position re Hippo-
campus & amygdala, as it's discussed
in AoK, Ap5, before AoK was written.
It's a case in-point, as above, of AoK's
being so far ahead of the field that folks
couldn't understand it.

The intervening 'years' have been Brutal,
and, in light of that, I'm "proud" of the
fact that I was able to still do the "prod-
ding" 'strategy', above.

It's been a 'living-Death' - and with what
was left of 'me', I've continued to do what
I could do.

So I never know what to do with re-
spect to Articles like this. My experience
has been that there is nothing that I can
do. [It's not "learned helplessness". Other
than my bill payments, I've no reason to
believe  that my Mail ever reaches anyone.
So why waste energy trying.]

I don't know what folks expect of me, be-
yond my willingness to meet with them, in-
person, to give them whatever they want to
receive [in a way that cannot maintain 'sec-
racy'].

Because of all that's transpired, in-person
is the only way that's Acceptable to me.

I long ago gave my Word that, after that,
I'll just 'go away'. Once my word is given,
that's what happens.

My only Goal has always been =just= the
understanding's coming-forward.

Anything else is, as far as I'm concerned,
Unethical -- because of what's in NDT's
understanding.

Understanding this can, in fact, be used
as a measure of the degree to which NDT's
understanding is, in fact, Grasped.

Anyway, Thank You for reposting this
Abstract, John.

k. p. collins